Walkerton Kinsmen Raffle Draw & Novelty Casino
Official Rules, Regulations and Draw Procedures
The following are the rules, regulations and draw procedures for the Walkerton Kinsman raffle draw:
1. Total ticket value is $10,000.
– 400 regular tickets at $25
– Total tickets available is 400.
Published odds will be 1 in 80.
2. Individuals must be 18 years of age or older to purchase tickets. Ticket buyers must not write the name of a person under the age of 18 on a ticket.
3. Ticket sales were only to take place in the province of Ontario.
4. Tickets can be sold for cash only.
5. The draw will be made in accordance with the Ontario Gaming and Liquor Commission Guidelines and will take place in the Power Worker’s Union Centre (formerly the horse palace) 202 Durham St. West, Walkerton Ontario on May 11, 2019 at 12:30 AM.
The Walkerton Kinsman club must be able to account for all tickets. Prior to the draw the Walkerton Kinsman club shall reconcile the number of sold tickets and the unsold tickets, as indicated in the raffle ticket sales record, with the number of tickets stubs in the draw container, to ensure that all eligible tickets form part of the draw. In order to ensure time for complete reconciliation, ticket sales will conclude on May 10th, 2019 at 12 midnight.
The draw will be open to the public. At least one member of the Walkerton Kinsman club and one member of the public who is not a member of the Walkerton Kinsman club must be present to witness the draw.
The Walkerton Kinsman club shall videotape the raffle drawing and retain the tape with the raffle records for four years after the last draw date.
Ticket shall be drawn from a container that is transparent or constructed with mesh so that tickets can be seen from the outside.
The winning ticket must be manually drawn from the container in a random manner. The winning ticket cannot be randomly drawn by computer or other random number-generating device.
There are no early bird draws.
A ticket stub containing the ticket number of each sold ticket must be placed in the draw container and be eligible to participate in the draw.
Prior to each drawing of a ticket for the prize, the ticket container must be rotated or the contents of the container agitated a minimum of three times. Antistatic spray maybe used to facilitate the rotation of tickets.
The draw can be made by any person who does not own a ticket or a share of a ticket in the draw container.
The arm of the person making the draw must be “bare” of clothing below the elbow and they must exhibit the draw arm and both sides of their open hand to the draw witnesses, immediately prior to making the draw.
Only the person making the draw may put their arm/hand in the draw container.
When selecting the winning ticket, the person making the draw shall look away from the container in the direction of the witnesses.
A record of the ticket drawn shall be made indicating the ticket serial number, the name, address, phone number of the prize winner and the time and date the ticket was drawn.
The winning ticket shall be immediately exhibited to witnesses and held open for inspection until the end of the draw. Once pulled from the draw container and wins a prize it is not re-entered into the draw.
The Walkerton Kinsman club shall retain all tickets with the raffle records for one year after the last draw date.
If a draw occurs and the Walkerton Kinsman club later determines not all eligible ticket stubs were placed into the draw container, the OGLC is to be notified immediately. A discrepancy report will be submitted by the raffle chairperson to the OGLC within three days of discovering not all eligible tickets were placed into the draw container. The discrepancy report shall specify the total number and serial numbers of the affected tickets and an explanation for how the problem occurred. Normally the Walkerton Kinsman club will have to conduct a second draw with all eligible ticket stubs and award another set of prizes equivalent to the original list of approved prizes.
6. Winners need not be in attendance at the draw to qualify.
In the event of a winning ticket stub having more than one name on it, the Walkerton Kinsman club shall award the prize to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. The Walkerton Kinsmen club and the OGLC are not responsible for any disputes, which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
Every effort will be made to notify all winners, including notifications by telephone and e-mail. Any winner has six months from the date of the draw to claim their prize. If after six months, the winner cannot be located, and or has not claimed their prize then the terms and conditions of the OGLC will take over and an application will be made to the OGLC that the prize or the moneys equivalent to the fair market value of the prize will be donated back to the Walkerton Kinsman club.
7. A minimum of 200 tickets must be sold by January 30, 2019 or the Walkerton Kinsman club will consider making an application to the OGLC for cancellation of the raffle or an extension of the final draw date. The decision on the cut off date will be based on the total tickets purchased to date and the cost of the prize and raffle expenses, and is subject to the Ontario gaming commission approval.
8. Employees, member of the Board of Directors of the Walkerton Kinsman club and their immediate families are not eligible to purchase lottery tickets.
9. There is no refund or exchange on lottery tickets.
10. No tax receipt will be issued for any portion of the price of a lottery ticket.
11. The Walkerton Kinsman club has the right to publish the name and or photographs of the winner.
12. The prize cannot be redeemed for cash and must be accepted as presented.
The prizes are as follows:
Walkerton Dollars $1000
Pit Boss BBQ $960
Marlin Travel Voucher ` $500
Google Home speaker $338
4 Toronto Blue Jays Tickets $300